Heart Of Cards

Monday, January 23, 2012

Valentine's Day Card

My son (11) came home today & said mum...I need a Valentines Day Card please. Well, I looked at him totally shocked that he had a girlfriend at such a young age, but never said anything to him...after all I think I was at that age when I had my first boyfriend lol.

I asked him what he'd like & he said well, she's a typical girl that likes teddies, chocs and roses. That gave me an idea to use Forever Friends as we love their CD's. 


I decoupaged the Forever Friedns teddy & used ultra fine glitter on the roses. I mounted this onto red heart paper & glittered the single rose. I mounted all this onto gold mirri card then mounted that onto cream base card, along with the letters LOVE. Now, I just got to sit back & await a comment from my son but hope his girlfriend likes it :-)





5 comments:

  1. ahhh such a cute story behind a cute card. That why i love blogging. To get to know the stories behind :-) thanks for sharing hun xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Leonie, it's lovely to "meet" you on your blog tonight. What a lovely cute Valentine card for the young ones...so bright and cheerful. I'm sure your son and his little girlfriend will both adore it.
    Crafty hugs, Sheenagh x
    I am now following, please feel welcome at my blog site http://signaturecardsbysheenagh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card I am sure his girlfriend will love it have become a follower.. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so sweet, I love the forever friends bear and the rose looks fantastic
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete